How important it is to get rid of belly fat, let us see how it gets there in the first place. Men have a tendency to hold excess fat in their bellies, though women are more prone to store it in their hips and thighs– a protection offered by hormones. Menopause removes this protection, making women equally vulnerable. An apple-shaped woman will also have this vulnerability, mainly due to her genes. Other reasons include more calorie intake, mainly from processed food, alcohol and Tran’s fats as well as bloating due to gassy foods.
5 Things That Need to Void
- Avoid Processed Foods and Added Sugar
- Control Alcohol Intake
- Go for Abs-friendly Food
- Eat at the Right Time
- Space Out Foods that Cause Bloating
Exercise, intense cardio is essential in burning belly fat. As the body loses overall fat, it helps the belly to slim down.
Effective Exercises on How to get perfect Abs:
1. Reverse Crunch
- Lie on the floor with knees bent, arms by your side, fingers pointing towards your heels. Lift your feet off the ground, toes pointing away from your body.
- Exhale and slowly lift your hips off the floor, contracting your abs. Your knees now point towards your head. Keep your head and neck on the floor.
- Inhale and come back to starting position. Remember to move in a slow, controlled manner. Do 8-12 reps.
- Basic Push Up
- Get on the floor, balancing on your toes and palms. Ensure palms are slightly wider than your shoulders, on either side of your upper chest and toes are curled under.
- Keep a straight line from head to heels. Engage your abs to keep your spine straight.
- Inhale, pushing out your elbows and lowering your chest to the floor, keeping your back straight throughout.
- V Sit Up
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched out; back straight, arms by your side. Be sure to use a padded mat for support.
- Extend your arms in the front at shoulder level, engage your abs and lean back slightly.
- Once stable, lift your feet first, and then your legs of the ground, leaning back further to balance your body on your buttocks and tailbone, in a tripod position.
- Keeping your abs strong, raise your legs up and bend your back further till your body forms a V shape. If you can, raise your arms towards your toes and to make it harder, raise them straight over head for a full ‘V’.
- Hold for as long as you comfortably can and come back to starting position.
- Plank with Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
- Get into a push up position, with your body supported on your palms and toes with back straight and aligned with your head and neck.
- Lower you onto your forearms, keeping the rest of the position unchanged. Curl your fists inwards and keep a right angle in your elbows, directly under your shoulders.
- Lift your right leg off the floor and extend it straight out, parallel to the floor.
- Putting your weight on your left foot and right arm, lift your left arm and extend it in front of you, fingers pointing forward.
- Keep your extended leg, arm and back straight throughout, using your core to maintain balance.
- Upper Back Stretches or Thread the Needle
- Get into a modified side plank position, lying on your left side propped up on your left forearm with wrist directly under shoulder.
- Keep your knees bent and lower legs folded back, right leg resting over the left. Let right arm rest on right hip. Keep your hips off the ground.
- Extend right arm straight overhead. Look up at your arm. Ensure a straight line from right fingertips to left elbow.
- Bring your right arm down and under your left armpit, as though threading a needle. Feel the twist in your abs and sides and not in your shoulders or neck.
The advantage of doing core workout is that it improves your balance and posture, which makes you stand tall, automatically pulling in your tummy and making you appear leaner. With eating right and working out, watch your body get slimmer and your abs flatter and let the compliments pour in!
Do 10 to 15 repetitions per set as your fitness level allows as well, give your body at least eight hours of rest at night to restore.