Sophy Sports incorporate the benefits and effective exercises an Anti-burst Stability Ball can bring into your workout for excellent core strength training. Remember: Passion. Strength. Awareness.
You need to buy the correct size of stability yoga ball for your height. The diameter of the ball makes all the difference size does matter. You to sit with erect posture with your hips Stability yoga balls range from small to extra -large. Choose a ball size that allows and knees at 90 degrees based on your height and leg length:
Here are basic guidelines to follow:
4’11” to 5’4″ Height: 55 cm ball
5’4″ to 5’11” Height: 65 cm ball
5’11” to 6′ 7″ Height: 75 cm ball
85 cm ball if heavier or long-legged exerciser.
A smaller ball may be more useful as a handheld object for sitting or standing range of motion and balance exercises. A smaller ball can also be used to perform crunches with the ball between or behind the knees.
MAINTENANCE AND DURABILITY CONSIDERATIONS
Stability balls are durable and will last a long time with proper care. Consider the following:
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for proper inflation, and check inflation on a regular basis.
- Use yoga balls on a clean, smooth surface (floor or carpet) that is free of debris and sharp objects that could cause wear on the balls’ surfaces or puncture them.
- Clean Fitness ball regularly with water or mild soapy water for comfort and sanitary reasons. Avoid using chemical cleaners that may damage the covering.
- Exercise balls can be stored on specially made racks, on stackers or in a net suspended from the wall or ceiling to save floor space.
Using a stability ball safely starts with proper inflation and care. To increase your safety while using a stability ball:
- Maintain the natural curves in your back while exercising.
- Increase your stability by placing your feet on the floor shoulder-width apart (or wider for better balance). Put a mat in front of the ball to act as a cushion in case of a fall.
- Use a wall behind the ball to keep the ball from rolling out from underneath you and to prevent you from falling directly to the floor should the ball slip forward.
Place chairs on either side of the ball to provide lateral stability if needed while exercising in a seated position.